Sunday, November 17, 2013

What about oils?

I am going to start this post with a disclaimer. *** I AM NOT (yet) A DOTERRA CONSULTANT*** please take what I am about to post as an honest accounting of a desperate mom. 

L has been sick for what seems like the over the last month straight. This poor baby gets sick more often than any other child I know, despite still breast feeding and making sure she eats a very healthy diet. She has done 15 days of antibiotics, days on end of 102-103 degree fevers, coughing, wheezing, and sleepless nights... you name it this child has gone through it. Finally the other day she broke out in this HORRIFIC diaper rash with huge blisters all over her skin. We have been to her pediatrician more times that I can say, always with the same response... "its some kind of baby virus," "some kids just have low immune systems," "there is nothing you can really do to make it better." *Eye roll*

I usually go for natural remedies first, but poor L has been SO sick, I really just wanted to get it taken care of. My mistake. After our the last round of "I don't knows" and being given a host of new medications to try... non of which we were sure would work... I started looking for answers on my own.

I was told to try this stuff called On Guard by a friend of mine a while ago. We have used it on and off for a couple months, and I am not sure why I did not think to use it as soon as L started getting sick this time. Sure enough, not long after I started using it again her fever broke, and we have gone almost two days without spiking another one. 

I have also been using a blend called breath the last few nights, and we have gone from up all night coughing and wheezing to only waking up once or twice again, and I did not have to use her nebulizer at all last night. 

Finally, yesterday another friend of mine gave me some lavender oil for the rash. I have used a little at every diaper change, as well as put some fresh on every few house at home (L has been diaper less as often as possible to help clear the rash). A day later and it looks 75% better. This after I have been pulling my hair out trying everything. 

I am impressed. I am happy my baby is on the way to being happy again. I am relieved. I am frustrated with our pediatrician. 

My encouragement to all the mommies out there... go with your gut. You can do more to help your family be healthy and strong than you even realize. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment