Saturday, October 19, 2013

I want to be a Pinterest Mom

I do, so desperately want my life to look like my Pinterest boards. I want to cook, clean, craft, and be as ecofriendly as all the pins I have stored on the site. But I am not, and this makes me sad. 

There have to be other mom's out there like me. That want so badly to be gourmet meals served on hand crafted ceramic plates on our upcycled pallet dining room table wearing the latest super cute sundress... but instead are mac and cheese on paper plates that we *gasp* throw away; and guess what, I'm lucky of I got dressed today. The water I am saving by NOT doing the dishes has to be a trade off right? 

Why do I let my lack of Pintristyness get me down? I know this is just one more part of our culture that says Mom has to do it all... why can I not just be satisfied that my kids are happy and know they are loved? Why do I buy into the notion that Mom must do it all? I am 26 weeks pregnant, chasing a 17 month old and 12 year old. I am not an epic failure if we "occasionally" run through the drive through. But Pinterest has so many frozen meal menus I could have just popped in the oven... 

I guess its not a bad thing to aspire to be better... a better cook, better organized, or learn a new skill like sewing or crafting. I think it is the overwhelming need to be good at it all  that drives me nuts. 

Does anyone else share my guilt over not making all my own cleaning products and running around in yoga pants 90% of the time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment