Monday, January 7, 2013

Crafty Crafty

I love to craft. Its the feeling of creating something unique and beautiful... being able to say "I made that." Needless to say Itty Bitty hates Pinterest, or rather, me on Pinterest, (check out my boards here) and the many oh so cute baby girl things one can create. She would be in big trouble if I ever get a sewing machine.

Today's project was a crochet adult headband for a friend. This was my first time creating my own crochet pattern, and I think it turned out pretty good! Here is the pattern if you want to try this at home:  


Adult Tapered Headband

Key:
Ch= chain stitch
DC= Double Crochet
DDC= Decrease Double Crochet

Pattern:
Row 1: Ch 5, turn
Row 2: DC in 3rd chain down, DC in remaining 2 chains, Ch1, turn
Row 3: 2 DC in first chain, DC, 2 DC in last chain, Ch 1 turn
Rows 4-5: [DC in each stitch, Ch 1 turn] repeat  
Row 6: 2 DC in first stitch, DC in stiches2-4, 2 DC in last stitch, ch 1, turn
Rows 7-8: [DC in each stitch, ch1, turn] repeat  
Row 9: 2 DC in first stitch, DC in stitches 2-6, 2 DC in last stitch, ch 1, turn
Rows 10-12: [DC in each stitch, ch1, turn] repeat
Row 13: 2 DC in first stitch, DC in stitches 2-8, 2 DC in last stitch, Ch 1, turn
Rows 14-36: [DC in each stitch, ch 1, turn] repeat
Row 37: DDC, DC in next 7 stitches, DDC, ch 1, turn
Rows 37-39: [DC in each stitch, ch 1, turn] repeat
Row 40: DDC, DC in next 5 stitches, DDC, ch 1, turn
Rows 41-42: [DC in each stitch, ch 1, turn] repeat
Row 43: DDC , DC in next 3 stitches, DDC , ch 1, turn
Row 44-45: [DC in each stitch, ch 1, turn] repeat
Row 46: DDC , DC in next stitch, DDC, finish off

Attach a button to the bottom of one end to fasten the headband closed

I created a 3 layer flower clip to attach for some bling, that pattern coming soon!




You can check out my Etsy Store, Lana's Closet to see some of the other fun stuff I make. 

Happy Crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment